Ru Eng
     
Sitemap
Schnittke MSIM invites you to participate The I Alfred Schnittke International Competition of Music-Performers 2017


Homepage / About MSIM / History
 
History

Schnittke MSIM is a multi-tier educational institution. It exercises educational activity on the programs of supplementary (preparatory), high, higher and post-graduation professional tuition. All educational tiers – pedagogic, scientific and concert ones – are executed by the famous talented teachers, culture and education workers. It is due to their efforts the Institute keeps its current state as a highly progressive, unique, historically significant organization. 

The history starts at the very beginning of the last century. The 1st People’s Music School under A.Shanyavsky University was founded on May 28 (15) 1918. Nadezhda Bryusova, the sister of the poet Vladimir Brysov, and Boleslav Yavorsky made a valuable contribution to the arrangement of the School. It generated major, supplementary and special courses of general music education so as a department of folk instruments (in 1921). The first director of this education establishment was A.Kokorina. 

In 1921 the School separated form the University and up to 1923 it held a name of Peoples Music School of Krasnopresnensky district. In 1923, besides pedagogic and training department and child department there was opened a vocal department. The School also prepared specialists in choir conducting.

Since1923 to 1925 the School is called Krasnaya Presnya Music School. In 1924 it originated the course of domra playing for adults, which aimed to prepare teachers and conductors of domra orchestras. The School became the first education establishment which ran professional pedagogic programs for folk instruments. 

In 1926 the School got the name of Krasnaya Presnya College of Training of Music. V.Revich became its director in 1927. 

In 1929 the College was united with N.Rimsky-Korsakov State College of Training of Music and transformed into Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya State College of Training of Music. It included the departments of choir, piano, folk, string and wind instruments. In 1936 C.Abakumov, a post-graduator of choir department of Moscow Conservatory, became the director of the College. 

At the beginning of Great Patriotic War many teachers and students were mobilized in the army. Three front-line brigades were organized, and during the War they performed more than 1000 concerts at the front-line, in hospitals and in towns liberated from enemy.

In 1942 the College came under authority of Department of Culture of Moscow State Committee and got the name of Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya Music College. All the departments except the department of ethnography stayed within the structure of it. After War B.Fridman was appointed the director of the College. 

In the period from 1946 to 1949 the departments of folk, wind, brass and percussion instruments, vocal department and conductors of choir department, department for disabled were included in the College.  

In 1949 A.Lachinov became the director of the College. In the period from 1949 to 1968 there were only 2 departments in the College – the folk and choir ones. At that time (1949 – 1953) an outstanding composer of the XX century Alfred Schnittke, whose name was later given to the College, studied in it at the department of choir.

In 1968 Y.Muhin was appointed the director of the College. He was a head of it till 1982. During that period there were opened the departments of theoretical disciplines, musical comedy, variety art and vocal department. 

In 1982 F.Burmistrov became a director of the College. In that year the departments of musical comedy and variety were moved to Gnesins Music College. 

In 1989 in Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya Music College there were opened the department of wind and percussions instruments. The department of theoretical disciplines stopped its activity for a short period of time and continued working in 1990. In 1989 V.Gorlinsky became the director of the College.

In 1992 the College was transformed into Moscow High Music College. At that year Y.Shaporin Child Music School was jointed to the College. H.Kanayan was appointed the director of the School.

In 1993 the College was transformed into Moscow State Music College (Institution). The department of piano as a special instrument was opened in it. So there was constructed three-tiered continuing education system: school – college – institution.

In 1996 the education establishment was renamed into Moscow State Music Institute. In 1997 there was opened the department of string instruments.

In 1998 a new additional building with class-rooms, rehearsal studios, a dormitory and a canteen was opened at the Institute.

In 1998 the Institution organized Schnittke Center.

In 1999 the Moscow City Government made the enactment according to which the Institute gained the name by Alfred Schnittke. The Institute opened the first in the world Schnitke Museum.  

In 2005 the Institute attained designation as State educational Institution of high professional education “A.Schnittke Moscow State Institute of Music”.

In 2006 A.Degtyarev became a rector of the Institute.

In 2007 Schnittke MSIM obtained the License to perform education activity in preparation “diploma certificated specialists” and activity on the program of post-graduate professional education (‘program for aspirants’), the specialty 13.00.02 (theory and methodology of pedagogy – Music).

In 2009 Schnittke MSIM obtained the License to perform education activity in preparation “magistr”.

In 2011 the Institute attained designation as State educational institution of High professional education “A.Schnittke Moscow State Institute of Music”.

 


Events

01
09/13

 
All events



 

Latest news
01-Spt-2013
All news

 


 


2012, Moscow State Institute of Music named after A.G. Schnittke

All right reserved.
123060, Marshala Sokolovskogo street, 10.
drive scheme

Tel. +7 (499) 194-04-33; +7 (499) 194-83-89 (fax).
info@schnittke-mgim.ru

created by 

 


All rights reserved, for copying any info from the website use hyperlink www.schnittke-mgim.ru.